149 players competed in the Open Gents Festival Trophy on Saturday. The CSS for hmoe players was 71 and Visitors 72. Edward Shannly from Linlithgow returned a course equalling record score of 67,to lift the trophy after being runner up in 2014.
Edward has six birdies on the card and the only dropped shot at the 9th in half's of 33 and 34. Greg McLellan , David McIntyre and David Oates all returned one under 71's,with places counting on the better inward half. Ian Menzies was 5th on level par 72.
New member Nathan Gannon returned an excellent level par 72 to win 1st handicap on net 65. Drew Fowler was 2nd on net 65 and Jamie Muir third on net 67.
- 1st Edward Shannly (Linlithgow Golf Club) (scr.) 67 Festival Trophy Winner
- 2nd Greg McLellan (Stirling GC) (3) 71 bih
- 3rd David McIntyre (Grangemouth GC) (2) 71bih
- 4th David Oates (Stirling GC) (1) 71
- 5th Ian Menzies (Drumoig GC) 4 72
- 1st Nathan Gannon Stirling GC 72-7=65 bih
- 2nd Drew Fowler Stirling GC 74-9=65
- 3rd Jamie Muir Hollandbush GC 75-8=67
Over 160 players competed on Sunday in testing condition with some heavy rain in the afternoon. Graham Wilson jnr. won the Hornall Trophy with a fantastic score of net 66 to pip another local players Robert Dickson on the bih.
Graham was out in four over par 40 but came back in two over par 38.
- 1st Graham Wilson jnr. Stirling GC 78-12=66 bih Winner of Festival Trophy and £300
- 2nd Robert Dickson Stirlng GC 89-23=66 £250
- 3rd Ian Bryce Grangemouth GC 81-13=68 £200
- 4th Chris Fountain Stirling GC 83-13=70 £150
- 5th Joseph Lahbib Stirling GC 96-25=71 £100
- 1st Colin Caraher Alloa GC 84 bih £200
- 2nd John Thom Ratho Park 84 bih £150
- 3rd Robert Fraser Stirling GC 84 bih £100
There are a few spaces for the Hornall and Festival trophy available visit Opens and book a time NOW