Seniors Open Results
The top four prizes were all won by visitors whilst Stirling players dominated the age group categories.
John McLachlan- Kilmarnock (Barassie) GC held off Robert Hogg- Linlithgow GC, Vic Allan-Dollar GC and Barclay Wilkinson-Mortonhall GC on the better inward half , all players returned net 71 to win the Swan Cup.
John had a mediocre front nine of 44 with only two pars on the card after a promising opening birdie. However, an excellent inward nine of three over par 39 included playing the last six holes in one over par.
Robert beat Vic on the better last six holes, also playing the last six holes in one over par. Vic equalled the best scratch score of 75 won by Bobby Sneddon-Stirling- but was awarded third place in half's of 38-37 with a solitary bogey at Cotton's Fancy on the inward nine. Barclay was fourth with a birdie,bogey, double bogey finish.
John Tomlinson- Linlithgow GC won the 55-63 age bracket with a mixed card including two treble bogey 8's at the 7th and 13th but also birdies at the 1st,3rd,11th and 14th holes.
Dave Morrison held off Peter McGuigan both Stirling in the 64-68 age group for first place both players on net 71. Dave had birdies at the 2nd and 16th and Peter had nothing worse than a bogey on the card.
John Campbell pipped Bruce Hunter in the 69+ age group both players on net71. After a steady opening nine of 40 John slipped with double bogeys at 15th and 17th. Bruce ran out of steam dropping five shots in the last five holes.
Dougie Jamard won the Morton Trophy -awarded to Stirling players with the best net score- in a very tight finish with six other Stirling players-Willie Kerr,Ben Reynolds, David Morrison, Peter McGuigan, John Campbell and Bruce Hunter all on net 71.
- John McLachlan Kilmarnock (Barassie) 83-13=70 bih Winner of Swan Cup £100
- Robert Hogg Linlithgow 79-9=70 bih Runner Up £90
- 3rd Vic Allan Dollar 75-5=70 BL6 £80
- 4th Barclay Wilkinson 85-15=70 bih £70
55-63 Age Group
- 1st John Tomlinson Linlithgow 79-9=70 £50
- 2nd Dougie Jamard Stirling 89-18=71 bih £40 Winner of Morton Trophy
- 3rd Willie Kerr Stirling 81-10=71 bih £30
- 4th Ben Reynolds Stirling 83-12=71 £20
64-68 Age Group
- 1st Dave Morrison Stirling 83-12=71 bih £50
- 2nd Peter McGuigan Stirling 83-12=71 £40
- 3rd Peter Kaye Blairgowrie 81-8=73 £30
- 4th Christie Wilson Balfron 83-10=73 £20
69+ Age Group
- 1st John Campbell Stirling 83-12=71 bih £50
- 2nd Bruce Hunter Stirling 81-10=71 £40
- 3rd Tom Meikle Stirling 95-22=73 bih £30
- 4th Scott Hamilton 83-10=73 bih £20
Scratch Winner Bobby Sneddon (4) 75 £60