Congratulations to ALL Club Champions
Greg McLellan played Steven Duncan in the 36 hole Championship Final on Saturday in glorious sunshine, compared to previous Saturday's downpours. Both players making their debut in the Championship Final. Greg beat six time club champion Kevin Brunton 4&3 in the semi-final and Stevie made a fantastic recovery after being five down to beat Roland Fleming one up on the last green in he other semi-final.
Greg made a blistering start with four straight opening birdies, which included only one putt to go four up. After a short tap in and concession at the first, Greg holed from the fringe on the 2nd, then followed up with chip in's at holes 3 and 4. A 3 putt par on the 5th was good enough for a 5up win against Stevie's bogey. Stevie bounced back with wins at the 7th and 8th and Greg had to hole a tricky 4 foot downhill putt on the 9th for a half. Greg four up after 9. Holes 10,11 and 12 were traded in pars, before Greg won the 13th with another birdie, his length of the tee proving advantageous to go 6up. Stevie rallied winning 15th,16th and 18th with as birdie to go into lunch 3 down.
Greg opened with another birdie at the 19th for a win and further gains came at the 3rd and 4th to go back to 6up. Stevie bounced back again with wins at the 6th and 8th with a birdie. Stevie bounced back with wins the the 24th and 26th, with a birdi?e. ?
27th hole was halved in pars with Greg holding a 4 hole advantage. Greg closed out the game with wins at the 30th and 31st with a birdie to win 6&5.
Kenny Stewart beat David Dryland 4&3 in the Seniors Championship and Tom Moore beat Alan King 1up in the Handicap Championship.
The ladies championship was contested with Helen Appleby and Shelagh Quinn. Shelagh was up all the way, playing steady golf until the match turned at Cotton's Fancy; with Helen 3 down to win the last 4holes to win the Championship 1up.
Aileen Lee contested the Ladies Handicap Championship with Catriona Brown. The match to and fro for 7 holes, then Aileen's experience took over. Some very interesting places on the golf course found by both players. Aileen winning 5&4.
All players throughout Championship week were high in praise for the condition and presentation of the course from course manager James Lindsay and his team.
- Handicap Championship Runner-Up Calum Alllport
- Handicap Championship Winner Ross MacFarlane 1up
- Scratch Championship Runner-Up Lorne McCulloch
- Scratch Championship Winner Robbie Hunter 1up
- Bronze Champion – Rhoda Hatleskog
- Handicap Champion Runner up – Catriona Brown
- Handicap Champion – Aileen Lee 5&4
- Club Champion Runner up – Shelagh Quinn
- Club Champion – Helen Appleby 1up
- Handicap Champion Runner up- Alan King
- Handicap Champion – Tom Moore 1up
- Seniors Champion Runner Up – David Dryland
- Seniors Champion – Kenny Stewart 4&3
- Club Champion Runner Up – Steven Duncan
- Club Champion – Greg McLellan 6&5